Choosing the Best fairway wood for high handicappers and beginners is important to hit easily at long distances. From easy launch to achieving longer distances, the best fairway wood can help you achieve your goals. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 11 best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners, along with my top 5 choices, so that you can pick the best.
Finding the best fairway woods can be difficult if you’re a high handicapper or beginner. You want something forgiving yet still gives you the distance and accuracy you need. This article will ease the process so you can choose confidently.
When choosing the best fairway wood for high handicappers and beginners, you should consider price, MOI, Center of gravity, easy launch, forgiveness, swing speed and many more.
In this guild, we’ll compare:
- The best fairway wood to achieve long distance.
- The best flexible face wood to hit an off-center shot with confidence.
- The one with high MOI for stable shots.
- The best lightweight wood for ease of swing.
- The fairway wood for best forgiveness.
- TAYLORMADE STEALTH FAIRWAY
- COBRA LTDX MAX FAIRWAY
- CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX D Fairway
- PING G425 SFT FAIRWAY WOOD
- TOUR EDGE EXOTICS E722 FAIRWAY
- CLEVELAND LAUNCHER XL FAIRWAY
- CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA B21 FAIRWAY
- TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 2 FAIRWAY
- SRIXON ZX FAIRWAY FAIRWAY
- COBRA KING RADSPEED DRAW FAIRWAY
- TITLEIST TSI1 FAIRWAY FAIRWAY
The TaylorMade Stealth Fairway wood is one of the most forgiving clubs on the market and is designed for maximum forgiveness and easy alignment to help beginner and high handicapper golfers. The club's large profile and 3D carbon crown make it extremely forgiving,
The club's V Steel sole design ensures excellent turf interaction, while the Twist Face feature corrects for mis-hits so you can still hit straight shots even when you don't make perfect contact.
The Thru-Slot Speed Pocket provides increased face flexibility for even more distance and forgiveness, making the Stealth Fairway an outstanding choice for anyone who wants to improve their game and also helps to preserve ball speed and distance on off-center hits.
The all-new advanced laser alignment system on the TAYLORMADE STEALTH FAIRWAY stretches across the top of the face, delivering a subtle yet powerful alignment tool.
The placement of the laser-etched pattern allows for a clean and minimalistic aesthetic on the crown. This makes it easy for beginner and high handicapper golfers to ensure they are properly aligned for accurate shots.
Overall, the TAYLORMADE STEALTH FAIRWAY best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners golfers who are looking for a forgiving club that will help them improve their game.
The club's large profile, forgiving nature, and distance-enhancing features make it a great choice for anyone who wants to take their game to the next level.
- Large profile and 3D carbon crown make it extremely forgiving
- The twist Face feature corrects for miss-hits
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket provides increased face flexibility for even more distance and forgiveness
- Advanced laser alignment system makes it easy to ensure proper alignment for accurate shots.
- Excellent turf interaction, so you can get more distance and accuracy on your shots.
- Available in 15°, 16.5°, 18°, 21°, 24°loft.
- Available in 3w, 3hl 5w, 7w & 9w options
- No adjustable loft option.
The LTDX MAX fairway wood is designed to help high handicappers and beginners improve their game.
The club's PWR-COR technology provides faster ball speed and reduced spin, making it easier to hit the ball straight and long.
The club also features an adjustable weighting system that allows golfers to customize their shots for more or less draw bias to achieve their desired ball flight and the progressive baffler rails make it easy to hit from any lie
with its H.O.T. face technology, the LTDx M.A.X. delivers maximum ball speed across a larger area of the face for greater forgiveness and long distance on off-center hits.
The LTDx M.A.X. lightweight carbon crown allows more weight to be positioned low and forward in the head, increasing stability and forgiveness.
Cobra LTDX Max is the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners golfers to improve their game by providing them with a club designed for speed, forgiveness, and stability.
- Faster ball speed and reduced spin
- H.O.T. face technology for maximum ball speed to acheinve long distance.
- Lightweight carbon crown for increased stability and forgiveness
- Progressive baffler rails for easy hitting from any lie.
- Adjustable weighting system to customize your shots
- Adjustable loft to customize the angle of shot.
- Available in 3w, 5w & 7w options for left and right-hander.
- Not available in 9 wood option.
The CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX D is a best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners.
Its powerful draw-biased design promotes more distance and accuracy.
The all-new Tungsten Speed Cartridge in ST MAX D provides exceptional ball speed and lowers spin for longer, more consistent shots.
With A.I.-optimized face patterns, you'll enjoy even more speed and launch across the entire face.
The CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX D face flex helps to deliver exceptional ball speed and long, consistent shots from anywhere on the fairway.
The MAX D utilizes a slightly closed face, a more upright lie angle and additional weight in the heel to promote a powerful draw. This model will fit players who need the most shot shape correction in their fairway wood.
With its combination of power, accuracy, and forgiveness, the Callaway Rogue St MAX D is one of the best fairway woods. It's an excellent choice for high handicappers and beginners who need more help getting the ball in the air and hitting it straighter.
- Extremely forgiving and easy to hit.
- Powerful draw-biased promotes more distance and accuracy.
- provides exceptional ball speed and lower spin for longer, more consistent shots.
- Optimized face patterns to deliver even more speed and launch across the entire face.
- Helps in off-center hits.
- promote a powerful draw.
- Excellent at getting the ball in the air and hitting it straighter.
- Provides Speed and Stability.
- Available in 3w, 5w & 7w.
- Not available for left-hander in 7 wood options.
PING's G425 SFT is one of the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners because it is very forgiving and promotes a right-to-left shot bend for RH golfers. This can help you if you often slice the ball.
The G425 also has two PING innovations: Spinsistency™ and Facewrap™. These features help to create more speed and consistent spin, especially low on the face. This can lead to added distance and better accuracy.
To increase the MOI, the G425 has a high-density tungsten sole weight. This is strategically positioned on the crown to help the high handicappers and beginners hit the ball accurately at a long distance.
The 3-dot alignment feature on the crown helps guide and give the confidence to take any shot easily.
You can also adjust the trajectory of your shots with the Trajectory Tuning 2.0 feature. This allows you to customize your ball flight for maximum distance and accuracy.
The G425 also has trajectory tuning 2.0, which utilizes a lightweight, aerodynamic hosel sleeve. This provides 8 positions to customize your trajectory for maximum distance and accuracy.
The G425 SFT is available in 3W, 5W, and 7W. The G425 SFT is an excellent choice for a fairway wood if you are a high handicapper or beginner.
- High MOI for stable & accurate shots.
- Highly forgiving to improve distance.
- Helps to fight the slice shot.
- Create more speed and consistent spin.
- Provides eight positions to customize your trajectory
- 3-dot alignment feature for guidance and confidence.
- Available in 3w, 5w & 7w.
- Available in 16°, 19°& 22° loft.
- Loud sound at impact.
Tour Edge Exotics E722 Fairway is the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners because of its easy-to-launch, great forgiveness, and extreme distance potential.
Tour Edge Exotics E722 comes with RyzerSole Technology that
produce low C.G. for high-launching shots and maximum ball speed off the face to hit the ball straight at a longer distance.
Back Weight on the E722 trailing edge produces an extremely high
M.O.I. and deeper C.G. helps achieve extreme stability and resistance to twisting at impact and helping to hit the ball accurately.
The face of E722 is made up of 61 diamond shapes that function as mini-trampolines behind the face to produce ball speed on off-center hits to play any shot confidently.
The 100% Carbon Fiber Crown over the E722 clubhead saves weight and helps increase flex for more power and hit a long shot.
The A.R.C. technology on the E722 head produces excellent sound and feel.
The Tour Edge Exotics E722 Fairway is one of the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners. If you are looking for a fairway wood that can help you improve your game, the Tour Edge Exotics E722 Fairway is a great option.
• Extremely forgiving.
• Great distance potential.
• Easy to launch.
• Straight shots.
• Low CG for high launching shots.
• Maximum ball speed off the face.
• Great sound and feel.
• Available in 3w, 5w, 7w options.
• Available in 15, 16.5, 18° & 21° options.
- Not suitable for the golfer who is looking to shape the ball.
The Cleveland Launcher XL Fairway wood is one of the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners due to its large size and MOI.
The large size of the head provides a high degree of forgiveness, while the MOI ensures that shots are straight and true.
The Cleveland Launcher XL Fairway features Gliderail technology, which helps to provide smooth contact with the turf. This results in a more consistent ball flight and increased distance.
Gliderail also helps to reduce the amount of sidespin on shots, making it easier to hit fairways and greens.
Hibore crown step at Cleveland Launcher XL head lowers the center of gravity, making it easier to get the ball airborne. The result is a higher launch angle and increased distance.
To help in the off-center hits, Cleveland Launcher XL Rebound Frame technology creates two flex zones within the clubface.
These zones are designed to store and release energy more efficiently, increasing ball speed and distance on every shot.
The Cleveland Launcher Xl Fairway is an excellent choice for high handicappers and beginners due to its large size, forgiveness, and accuracy-enhancing features.
- Large sizeprovides a high degree of forgiveness.
- MOI ensures straight and true shots.
- Gliderail technology provides smooth contact with the turf.
- Reduces sidespin for more accurate shots.
- Hibore crown step increases launch angle.
- Helps in off-center hits.
- improves balance and control.
- Available in 3w, 5w, 7w options.
- Available in 15°, 18° & 21° loft
- No adjustable hosel to customize your loft angle.
- The 7w option is not available for the left-hander.
Some golfers find it difficult to make consistent contact when hitting a fairway wood off of the ground.
Big Bertha B21 is designed to give you more distance any way you swing it, with features such as a shallower face, progressive lengths, and an oversized Bertha shape that promote consistent contact and smooth turf interaction.
The offset in Big Bertha B21, reduces slice shots helps hit the straight show at a long distance and helps in increasing the confidence to take any shot.
The advanced A.I. in Big Bertha B21 helps the high handicappers and beginners while hitting the ball because it increases the ball speed at impact to attain more distance.
Jailbreak bars in Big Bertha B21 is another best feature that connects the crown and sole to increase stiffness, promotes even more speed at impact, and gain more distance on the golf course.
Overall, the Big Bertha B21 is a great fairway wood for those looking to improve their game.
- Easy to launch fairway wood.
- Progressive lengths.
- Oversized shape promotes consistent contact and smooth turf interaction.
- Offset to reduce slices.
- Promotes distance-enhancing draws.
- Boosts fast ball speeds.
- Increased stiffness.
- Available in 3w, 5w & 7w options.
- Available in 15°, 18°, 21° & 24° loft options.
- Not for the golfer who wants to shape the ball.
- The driver is loud and slightly high-pitched.
The Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway delivers explosive distance, high launch, and low spin for golfers of all skill levels.
The Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway's lower CG helps to launch the ball higher for more distance by improving weight distribution and reducing friction at impact. This results in a more forgiving club that can still provide optimal launch properties.
The V Steel design of the Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway aids in forgiveness by redistributing weight to enhance stability. This V Steel design maintains optimal launch properties by reducing friction at impact and improving turf interaction.
The C300 steel face of the Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway paired with Twist Face technology provides explosive ball speeds and straighter shots on mis-hits. This combination helps golfers of all skill levels to improve their game by providing more distance and accuracy.
The multi-material construction and thru-slot speed pocket of the Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway help to create a strong and forgiving fairway wood. This makes it an ideal choice for golfers looking to improve their game by increasing distance and forgiveness.
Overall, the Taylormade Sim Max 2 Fairway is a forgiving and powerful fairway wood for golfers of all skill levels who want to improve their game by increasing distance and accuracy.
- Helps in the high launch and reduced spin.
- Enhanced stability and turf interaction.
- C300 steel face for explosive ball speeds and straighter shots.
- Powerful and forgiving club.
- Increased distance and forgiveness.
- Help in straighter shots on miss-hits.
- Available in 3w, 3hl w, 5w, 7w & 9w options.
- Available in 15°, 18°,16.5°, 21° & 24° loft options.
- 7w & 9w wood options are not available for the left-hander.
The Srixon Zx Fairway Woods is one of the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners. Srixon Zx Fairway Woods offer a great combination of forgiveness and distance, making them perfect for those who are just starting or who struggle with their game.
Srixon Zx's unique Rebound Frame structure increases ball speed and distance on every shot, especially centre-face impacts. By focusing more energy on the golf ball, Rebound Frame enables the golfer to get more consistent results from their shots.
The Srixon Zx Cannon Sole design helps high handicappers and beginners to optimize launch and ball speed to hit the ball at a long distance.
The lightweight carbon crown on Srixon Zx Fairway Woods increases MOI and forgiveness to help the high handicapper and beginner to hit a stable and accurate shot.
- Helps increase ball speed and distance.
- Optimizes launch and ball speed.
- High MOI and forgiveness for high handicappers and beginners.
- Supports more consistent shots.
- Reposition weight to change MOI.
- Asset in the off-centre hit.
- Available in 3, 5w & 7w options.
- Available in 13.5°, 15°, 18°& 21° loft options.
- 5°& 21°loft option is not available for left-hander.
The KING RADSPEED Draw Fairway is an excellent solution for those looking for maximum forgiveness and slice-fighting capability.
With heel-biased internal RADIAL WEIGHTING and a back weight, this fairway provides medium spin and high launch for an incredibly forgiving experience.
Additionally, the CNC MILLED INFINITY FACE and HOLLOW SPLIT RAILS create more flex on the sole behind the face, resulting in a higher launch and more speed to achieve long distances.
The KING RADSPEED Draw Fairway is a great choice for those looking for maximum forgiveness and slice-fighting capability.
- Provides great forgiveness
- High launch.
- Maximum slice-fighting capability.
- Excellent for high handicappers and beginners.
- Increase ball speed to achieve long distance.
- Helps to hit the long and straight shot.
- Adjustable loft.
- Available in 3w, 5w & 7w options.
- 7w loft option is not available for left-hander.
Titleist Tsi1 Fairway is perfect for those with moderate swing speeds who are looking to add more distance to their game.
With an ultra-lightweight design, Tsi1 fairway wood is 50 grams lighter than standard fairways, making it easier to launch and control to hit the ball farther on the golf course.
The Active Recoil Channel technology in Tsi1 Fairway creates greater face flexibility and faster ball speeds, giving you the power and precision you need to take your game to the next level.
The face flexibility of Tsi1 Fairway also helps in the off-centre hit to take any shot confidently.
Tsi1 Fairway has a tuned adjustability feature to customize your short angle according to your need in any terrain.
- Great for moderate swing speeds
- Help in easy launch and control.
- Deliver maximum launch and distance
- Faster balls speeds, especially low on the face
- Adjustable loft.
- Available in 3w, 3hl w, 5w, 7w & 9w options.
- Available in 15°, 18°, 20° & 23° loft options.
- 7w & 9 w loft option is not available for left-hander.
WHAT ARE FAIRWAY WOODS?
Fairway woods are golf clubs that are designed for shots that are beyond the reach of a driver, but not quite close enough for an iron.
They usually have a slightly smaller head than a driver, and their shafts are shorter. This makes them easier to control, but they don't hit the ball as far as a driver.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF FAIRWAY WOODS?
There are three main types of fairway woods: 3-woods, 5-woods, and 7-woods. 3-woods are the most popular type of fairway wood, as they're the easiest to hit. They're best used for tee shots and long approach shots.
5-woods are best used for shots that are just beyond the reach of a 3-wood, such as second shots on par 5 holes. 7-woods are best used for approach shots that are too long for an iron.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A FAIRWAY WOOD?
Some benefits of using a fairway wood include increased distance, more. accuracy, and improved launch angle. Additionally, fairway woods can be easier to hit than drivers and are often more forgiving on mis-hits
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT LOFTS OF FAIRWAY WOODS?
Fairway woods come in a variety of different lofts, from 13° to 21°. The loft of a fairway wood dictates how high the ball will fly and how far it will travel.
3-woods typically have a loft between 13° and 15°, while 5-woods have a loft between 18° and 20°. 7-woods have the highest loft of all fairway woods, between 21° and 23°.
WHAT LOFT SHOULD I GET FOR MY FAIRWAY WOOD?
The loft of your fairway wood will depend on your swing speed and how far you want to hit the ball. For example, if you have a slow swing speed, then you’ll need a higher lofted fairway wood in order to get the ball in the air.
On the other hand, if you want to hit the ball a long way, then you’ll need a lower lofted fairway wood. The best way to figure out which loft is best for you is to experiment with different options at the driving range.
HOW DO I HIT A FAIRWAY WOOD?
Fairway woods are best hit with a slightly descending blow, similar to an iron shot. They can also be hit off the tee, but it's important to make sure that the ball is teed up high enough so that it doesn't strike the ground before hitting the club.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FAIRWAY WOOD AND A DRIVER?
A driver is designed to hit the ball the farthest, while a fairway wood is designed to hit the ball further than a driver but not as far as an iron.
WHAT IS THE BEST FAIRWAY WOOD FOR A SLICE?
The best fairway wood for a slice might be the KING RADSPEED Draw Fairway. This fairway wood is designed to provide maximum forgiveness and slice-fighting capability.
There you have it – my list of the best fairway woods for high handicappers and beginners.
- If you want quality with forgiveness, I recommend you to go for Taylormade Stealth Fairway
- If you want to customize your shot most of the time, then go for Cobra Ltdx Max Fairway.
- If you want to hit a draw shot, then I would suggest going for Callaway Rogue St Max D.
What fairway wood do you use?